Saturday, July 21, 2007

Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking

The thing I like most about the instantly downloadable ebook, Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking, is that it is authentic. Here is the author’s story:

“I'm Nicholas Zhou. I love Chinese food since I was born. I began to learn cooking Chinese food from my mom when I was 9. I was able to know the difference between ginger and garlic and how to use a pancake turner.

“When I was 12, I began to help my aunt in the kitchen (this was how I paid for my school clothes and supplies). My aunt was a very famous chef in town. Actually she was like the local chief chef and was invited to cook for all the major events, feasts and wedding parties held in town. She taught me everything about cooking - selecting ingredients, balancing nutrition, 6 key techniques in Chinese cooking, 8 Chinese cooking styles and even table etiquette.

“I still remember one day when I was 15. ‘Hui (my nick name), I don't have anything to teach you any more,’ my aunt said after a graduation feast. I guess that's when I graduated from Chinese cooking school.

“In the past 10 years, I never stopped learning cooking. I always bring my favorite Joyce Chen wok with me whenever I move to.

“But I never thought of coming up with a cookbook until February 3rd, 1997 - my aunt passed away because of cancer. I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her face to face because I was going to college far away from hometown. I was thinking of doing something for her. Nothing is better than writing a cookbook.

“After one and a half years of work, I came up with the Chinese version cookbook in
1998 and got it published with a national publisher. About 560,000 copies have been sold since then.

“In 2000, my friend suggested me to translate my cookbook into English and bring it to all people around the world who love Chinese food. In order to let this book be suitable for most people, I visited all the major Chinese restaurants here in Ohio and studied hundreds of restaurant menus. I talked to scores of doctors about healthy eating and nutrition. I subscribed to several major health publications and read health news regularly. After two years of research, I came up with my English version e-cookbook Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking.”

For more details: Click Here!