Saturday, July 19, 2008

Griff's Lean Louisiana Scrambled Eggs

I'm pleased to announce that since last August, I've lost 30 lbs. and have managed to keep it off. Nothing crazy, I just work out with a reasonable exercise program three to five times a week and watch the calories during the week, cutting myself some slack on the weekends. A good breakfast is essential to a healthy diet and here is one of my favorite breakfasts. I created this recipe to turn Egg Beaters into something I could really look forward to in the morning. I use a milder Louisiana hot sauce--if you use a really hot sauce, like Tabasco sauce, you'll want to use less! This actually a double serving, but I eat it all without a guilty conscience, because the whole thing is only 100 calories!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or the equivalent)
1 tsp. canola oil
2 tsp. Louisiana hot sauce
1/8 tsp. Lawry’s® seasoned pepper (or black pepper)
1/8 tsp. celery salt

Instructions:

In a measuring cup, pour the Egg Beaters to the 1/2 cup mark. Add the hot sauce, the seasoned pepper and the celery salt and mix thoroughly with a spoon. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-hot temperature. When the oil is nice and hot, add the egg mixture and scramble with a spoon to desired consistency.

By the way, concerning my diet, I have found authentic Chinese cooking to be of great help because so much of it is low-fat and low-carb, but it is not low on taste and filling you up! Here's a great resource from a Chinese master chef with over 40 years experience:
Click Here!