Saturday, September 22, 2007

Griff's Mom's American Party Mix

When I was a kid in the 1960's, my parents would have patio parties and my mom would make her slightly modified version of the famous "Chex Party Mix." My older brother and I always enjoyed the leftovers the next day.

Ingredients:

3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
1 cup Fritos® corn chips
1 cup roasted peanuts
1 cup bite-size pretzels
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In an ungreased, large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Serve in a big glass bowl Store leftovers in an airtight container. Makes approximately 24 1/2 cup servings.